Due to recent growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
We're looking for someone to join our team and be a significant voice in shaping our front-end architecture, developing key features, and improving our customers' usability and overall user experience.
Craftybase is an inventory MRP solution focused on the specific needs of small, independent direct-to-consumer (DTC) manufacturing businesses. We're a small, agile company working remotely across the globe and our mission is to help small makers achieve big things.
We're a long-standing, stable, and proudly independently profitable company that believes in growing a business sustainably and responsibly. To do this, we aim to build products that stand the test of time and serve a real need and purpose.
- Be the key driver of our major UI upgrade efforts in moving from a custom jQuery architecture to Hotwire
- Be significantly involved with designing and creating our brand-new UI/UX.
- Develop and deliver key features to improve our application and delight our customers
- Continuously evaluate existing UI systems and architecture with current industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Work closely with our development team and other cross-functional teams to deliver on our goals.
- Provide UI troubleshooting and application support for critical production issues.
You are someone who has
- Experience in working on a significantly sized, complex system as a front-end developer working in Rails
- Knowledge of Testing/QA processes, including automated front-end and unit testing.
- A keenness to work outside of your comfort zone from time to time, which may include tracking down bugs, weighing in on UX improvements, or learning new technologies.
- A self-motivated, creative, and solutions focussed mindset
It would be a bonus if you also have experience with:
- TailwindCSS, and/or jQuery (or curiosity for) Hotwire, Stimulus, and Turbo
- Mobile first app development
- Working in and communicating well within a remote team
- Competitive salary
- Family-friendly, flexible ways of working
- Join a small, fun group of team members
- Work on software used and loved by thousands
- Fully remote arrangement (we have no "head office")
- Join a rapidly growing tech company
- Equipment provided
At Craftybase, we strongly believe in diversity and equality and thus encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities, experiences, and ages to apply.