This is a long-term contract position for an experienced software programmer with experience managing all aspects of a web application and associated infrastructure. Will be responsible for managing multiple high-volume Ruby on Rails web applications, Heroku hosting environments, content distribution networks, and several add-on services. Will have a budget of ~30 hours monthly for maintenance, troubleshooting, customer support and feature enhancement development. Will report directly to the production manager.
A minimum of 2 years experience in the following skills:
- Managing a production web applications and Heroku platform
- Developing production-ready Ruby on Rails web applications, both front- and back-end components
- Managing code in a Git repository with multiple branches
- Writing estimates for feature enhancements and new projects
- Communicating effectively with both non-technical and technical users
- Managing project deadlines effectively
- Coordinating with other service contractors
- Working with a PostgreSQL databases
Experience with these additional skills would also be beneficial:
- Managing bugs/issues in Trello
- Working with Amazon web services
- Working within an agency environment
- Using profiling and debugging tools to streamline code and enhance throughput
- Auditing web application infrastructure’s and making recommendations for adding or removing components as necessary
- Managing multi-stage hosting environments
Interested candidates should send resume, portfolio, and links to code samples or open source contributions.
Responses from individual candidates only, please. Inquiries from agencies or recruiting firms will not be answered.