About this role
As our full-stack developer, you are part of our core product team. Your main objective is to build great user experiences for our customers, together with your teammates.
You will work in an experienced team of product builders with a strong drive to ship quality work. We are a product-focused bunch; we put the user first while keeping business goals in mind. As a team, we work together closely and check in with each other throughout the week. As individuals, we work autonomously and know how to turn our time into impact.
What you'll do
- Build new features and improve existing user experiences
- Scope projects from a technical perspective and break down the work into smaller pieces
- Come up with new feature ideas and ways to improve our development processes
- Turn high-fidelity designs or hand-drawn sketches into interactive user interfaces
- Work closely together with our software engineers and product designer
- Together with your immediate team, plan upcoming development cycles
- Work on internal projects to help colleagues work more effectively
- Demo your work, share winnings and celebrate successes
Who will be successful in this role?
If you recognise yourself in the below description—you’ll thrive in this job.
We’re looking for an all-rounder that takes responsibility and ownership of their work. Like our other engineers, you are a builder by heart and have experience in various front- and back-end languages and frameworks. You have a passion for web technologies and apps and have a strong opinion about what a good user experience is.
You understand the balance between writing beautiful code and getting things done, we have quality high up our priority list, but we’re also building a business. We value a pro-active attitude where you always look to improve things, whether how we work or deploy code to production.
We are a fully remote team and have the luxury of working and living where we want. With that freedom comes responsibility. You are a self-motivated self-starter and can work autonomously. You have outstanding communication skills; you know how to express your thoughts through clear writing.
- You have 3+ years of experience in building and scaling a distributed platform and are comfortable working on both the front-end and back-end side
- You have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- You have experience with either Ruby on Rails and/or Vue.js and React
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs
- You have a solid understanding of software design principles and system architecture methodologies
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously in an efficient manner. You have extensive experience working in a remote team
- Bonus: Experience with AWS, Python or Django
What you get for building great user experiences:
- A salary based on Dutch industry standards, based on your experience in the range of €40-€55K
- A friendly, vibrant, diverse and ambitious team
- The freedom to work from anywhere you want within Europe
- Budget to set up a productive home workstation (we also pay your internet bill)
- A company provided MacBook Pro
- The option to rent a desk at a local co-working space
- An annual team retreat somewhere in Europe
- Regular (online and IRL) get-togethers, like movie and pizza nights, Amsterdam boat rides, casual coffee dates, and more
- A chance to make a difference and become a crucial component in a fast-growing company