we build the best software to help newsletter operators, from small creators to large media companies, grow an engaged audience.
Founded just over a year ago, our small team is profitable, 100% remote, and successful: we power seven of the ten biggest newsletter referral programs in the world, including household names like Tim Ferriss, James Clear, and Front Office Sports.
But that’s not enough.
Over the next few years we want to help thousands more media companies, newsletter operators and creators grow their email audiences with our products.
And — to make that happen — we need you.
You have a few years of experience working on production-level Rails apps.
You're proficient with Git, Heroku and working with 3rd-party APIs.
A few of the technologies we use include Sidekiq, Redis, TailwindCSS, AWS.
You like beautiful, tested code but have a bias towards action.
We ain't got time for perfectionists ;)
We are not looking for someone with all the answers but someone who's willing to learn and move fast.
Things that (hopefully) describe you:
- MUST have significant professional experience with:
- Ruby & Rails
- MUST be fluent in ENGLISH
- MUST be comfortable working remotely and communicating mostly async.
- (partial) availability during North American or Western European working hours
- previous experience writing code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
- experience utilizing experimentation that drives learning as well as business outcomes
How we work
At SparkLoop we work on a 3+1 cycle cadence (3 weeks of development + 1 week of cool off for bug fixes, smaller features, etc).
You will set your own weekly goals and report back to the whole team every week on the progress. We won't micromanage you!
You'll have a high degree of personal freedom, responsibility and ownership over your work. Getting to see directly how the work you do affects both our customers and their millions of newsletter readers.
The position is completely remote so it's best if you have worked remotely before and have enjoyed it!
We’re still early days at SparkLoop.
So — if you’re the kind of person who requires a perfectly structured work environment with everything figured out in advance to perform well — then it’s probably not a fit.
But — if you’re the kind of person who is comfortable taking ownership in a close-knit, friendly team — then this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
You’ll have a high degree of agency and flexibility to establish the structure, responsibilities, and best practices for your role.
All while working day-to-day with some of the smartest email marketers and decision makers at publications read by millions of people worldwide.
By joining SparkLoop you'll see what it is like to be on a fast growing B2B startup from the inside and help shape the best software in the newsletter industry too!
You’ll also enjoy:
- 100% remote work with flexible scheduling (our entire team is remote)
- a calm team culture based on autonomy, individual empowerment and async-first communication
- 4+ weeks paid holiday/year
- regular team retreats (when travel is appropriate)
- A monthly budget for equipment, remote work and personal development
For this role we are open to both part-time and full-time candidates (60-100% FTE equivalent).
The salary range for this role is $5K - $10K per month (depending on seniority).