SalonInteractive is a growing team of passionate people focused on providing the beauty Industry with world-class tools and experiences. Founded in a Salon, our platform helps stylists earn revenue 24/7. Brands get their products in clients' hands, and distributors support their salons in ways they've never been able to. Our investors are among the who’s who in personal care. From memorable customer experiences to thriving Salons, we believe no one knows their customer better than the
stylist - come create with us!
As a core member of our team, you will be building and managing our platform – developing features and centralizing integrations. Your knowledge of design patterns and back-end APIs is notable. About 3 years of experience building applications in Rails has taught you the importance of looking beyond the code to understand the business intentions in order to develop the best solution for the objective. You’re excited to stretch yourself professionally and take on a new challenge. If you are looking for a place where you can make an immediate impact in a growing organization, let's talk!
Some of the stuff that needs to be done:
- Building and managing platform components to support our future scalability
- Working directly with internal customers and distribution partners to navigate new APIs
- Balancing rapid iteration, long term strategic features and continuous improvement
- Leading projects of varying complexity and size from sometimes ambiguous requirements
- Collaborating with the team throughout the entire product process – everyone is involved from ideation to implementation
- Building foundational infrastructure for running experiments, tracking behavior, and creating rich user interactions
- Evangelizing best practices and technologies, being mindful of quality in all you do
- Pitching in wherever you can – we're a small team who gets a lot of stuff done!
What you'll bring with you
- 5+ years of experience building applications for the enterprise using Rails with SQL Databases
- Solid experience building APIs – we need to decouple the front and back end
- Knowledge of design patterns and MVC
- Ability to look beyond the code to understand what the product manager is looking for in order to create the best solution
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate issues in a virtual environment
- Confident humility – you know your stuff, appreciate what's been done in the past and enjoy brainstorming for the best future
- Internally wired to build software with an eye on quality, performance, and supportability
- Resourceful, self-directed with a gift for transferring your knowledge to others, so we all grow
- Previous work in a startup company, so you know what it means to shift priorities and wear many hats
And finally, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and a nice suite of benefits
- The opportunity to build a new product from the ground up
- A super smart and creative team to spend your days with
Goldstone Partners is helping this incredible start-up find experienced professionals who want to help improve the salon experience. Please send your resume to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications welcome from US citizens and those holding a Green Card only.