👋 Howdy! Stuart here, founder and head of engineering at Rivo
• Are you a full stack Rubyist with 7+ years experience?
• Do you want to work on the bleeding edge of the latest Rails has to offer? (Rails 7 & Hotwire)
• Interested in helping build and scale a rapidly growing Saas Company while sticking to Rails best practices?
If so - awesome! Keep reading. If not - no worries, perhaps we'll cross paths in the future.
What is Rivo?
We're here to empower ecommerce stores to create their own revenue streams through connecting with their customers. We want to help the decline of reliance on paid advertising :-)
We're a powerful marketing platform that allows stores to connect with their customers through loyalty, review and omni-channel marketing campaigns.
About the job
With the help of our small team, (and some awesome team members at thoughtbot and hashrocket) - we've built an amazing ecommerce marketing platform on Rails that has scaled wonderfully so far.
To give a small indication, we process roughly 20-30M Sidekiq Jobs per day and are adding 8-10M db rows per day.
We have a partitioned sessions table at over 1,500,000,000 rows that returns queries in less than 100ms thanks to Aurora and Postgres 13 partitions.
Your job is to help us scale as a full-stack Rails engineer.
This is a remote, full-time role (40+ hours/week).
Who you are
• LOVE Rails Best Practices
• Can operate in a high-octane environment
• You utilize the Pareto principle (80/20)
• Prefer 5 minute daily standups > long drawn out meetings
• 7+ years of professional software development experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
• Experience with Postgres, Sidekiq and Redis.
• The ability to adjust to our high octane workflow. One of our core values is to create what works in its simplest form and iterate based on metrics and feedback. We don't have long release cycles 🤗
• The ability to work in EST or PDT timezone, or at least overlap by 5 hours.
Things we love ❤️
Living by our GAINS core values of
• G_rowth Mindset
• A_nalyze Before Assuming
• I_ terate & Improve
• N_urture Relationships
Helping our fellow team members and having a stress-free work environment!
Things we avoid 🤮
• Egos & Drama
• Wasting time
Salary is negotiable and based upon experience. Everyone should earn what they feel is fair.
How to apply
Do you want to join our team as our new Ruby on Rails Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Click the Apply Now
button or visit the original job post page here