What would I do at Litmus?
We're looking for a remote Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) to help expand our product line, improve our existing products, and help build the next generation of Litmus tools. Continuing our mission to provide exceptional support to our growing customer base.
A typical day for one of our developers might include:
- Collaborating within our Rails team, and reviewing code to help everyone on the team do their best work.
- Talking with our Design team to figure out the best way to present a new feature to our customers.
- Working with our Product team to understand product and marketing goals, and work out a good path to implementing them.
- Partnering with our .NET team to integrate with our internal APIs; and
- Working with customer support to investigate and fix bugs.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- You have a well-founded understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails. We won't limit to ‘x’ years’ experience, but you should be able to impress us with your app building skills, confident use of Ruby and Rails, and understanding of web development. We're happy to introduce you to the other technologies we use.
- You are experienced but maybe early in your software engineering career. This is equally an opportunity for both our senior team to actively mentor and support you, but also for you to bring a new and fresh perspective to our team as we continue to grow.
- You know how to build things from start to finish. You can identify a need, understand its impact, and seek out and work with others to deliver a well-crafted solution in a team environment—asking for help when needed.
- You have good communication skills. As a distributed team, it’s important that we're able to understand each other, verbally and in writing, connecting at the appropriate level of abstraction. You communicate clearly and with empathy, whether you’re discussing refactoring options with a developer, or working with a designer to understand user experience.
- You write clean, thoughtful code. Our code is the home that we live in every day. You enjoy putting effort into crafting understandable and well-tested code, to make everyone’s shared development experience more enjoyable.
- You are eager to collaborate, learn and teach. Our Engineering team is friendly and supportive of each other, and we look for opportunities to learn from each other’s experience.
What is the hiring process like?
Our hiring team reviews all applications. We communicate with candidates at every step of the process, letting them know if we'll be moving forward, and what they can expect in the next phase.
- Initial interview: A relaxed Zoom call where you’ll meet the hiring team, learn more about Litmus and this role in particular, and give you an opportunity to tell us a little about yourself.
- Live Coding Task & Technical Interview: We’ll provide you with a base project and ask you to work through some set tasks. We’ll also take some time to discuss technical topics.
- Final round: Opportunity for you to meet some of our engineering leaders and the rest of our Rails team over Zoom!
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable company that's been going strong for over ten years.
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- A platform for good: Affinity Groups, a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work #bebeyondlitmus
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you great tools and tech to do your best work: Hardware, software, and home- and office setup