Want to join a fast-growing team with a strong inclusive culture and a flexible working arrangement? Consider joining us at TEN13.
TEN13 is Australia’s largest investment syndicate in the early-stage venture space. We facilitate investments in early-stage companies to our network of over 600 high-net-worth investors. We have deployed over $70m in investments in the past two years and are on track to grow that number rapidly. You can take a look at our website at https://ten13.vc
We are looking for a full-stack Ruby on Rails Engineer to join the team and help us build on our customer-facing platform. Our goal is to create value for our portfolio companies and facilitate the easiest investment experience for our investors. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for creating new features and deploying them to our production environment.
We have a very modern stack and are looking to continue moving at a sensible pace to ensure long-term sustainability.
Our stack is:
- Ruby 3 (latest)
- Rails 7 (latest)
- Tailwind CSS
- Turbo, Turbo-Stream, Stimulus JS
We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and writing beautiful code. You will join a tight-knit team that is about delivering incredible outcomes for our investors and portfolio companies.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Write specs and maintain spec factories
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Experience creating meaningful specs with Rspec and Minitest
- Demonstrable knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS
- A good understanding of Turbo, Turbo-Streams and Turbo Frames. (or willingness to learn)
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of Postgress databases
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (nice to have but not required)
Our application is tightly integrated with Salesforce CRM. Knowledge of Salesforce’s native language (Apex) is highly desirable but not a deal breaker. In an ideal world, you would be able to create basic scripts with Apex to improve the operational efficiency of our salesforce environment.
- Bonus points if you're on Reddit in r/rails or r/rubyonrails