The Full Stack Senior Engineer is responsible for programming and development, focused specifically on back-end applications, data management, and proper integration of applications with UI/UX programming (front-end) and data structures. This includes support and management of applications in production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years previous experience in application development
- Knowledge of information technology best practices and standards
- Ability to work well with designers, architects, stakeholders and businesspersons
- Experience with Postgres
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap
- Experience in RESTful Web service implementation
- Experience in Unit testing
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban), paired programming
- Experience in CI/CD tools and techniques
- Focus on team-first mentality and core agile principles
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience in healthcare
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills. Extensive knowledge of: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies. Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts. Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives. Strong in multiple programming languages and tools. Understanding and experience in agile software development concepts and processes
- Should be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker. Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and participating in recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements. Foundational understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Strong collaboration, coaching/teaching, prioritization, and adaptability skills
- Maintain the Company’s effectiveness and efficiency by helping to define and delivering technology services.
- Complete projects by planning and managing self to budget and coordinating resources and timetables with others (internal and external as required).
- Maintain quality service by adhering to industry & organizational standards.
- As assigned, lead software engineering and other technology efforts.
- Implement programming best practices throughout the application development lifecycle and adhere to data security and regulatory requirements including HIPAA compliance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment and, as such, is considered moderate.