The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
At its core, Ideon is a technology and data company. The Ideon engineering team plays a central role in building APIs that are transforming the health insurance industry. We're an agile team that seeks to constantly improve our skills and process. We build high quality code through TDD, pair programming, code review, static analysis and documented best practices. We ensure we're building the right thing in collaboration with the Product team through product inceptions, architecture reviews and roadmap prioritization. We're looking for engineers who are excited about working on hard problems and contributing to our shared culture.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into an Engineering Manager. #LI-Remote
In this role you will:
- Build and expand our healthcare data platform and member management solution.
- Write high quality code through various channels and in collaboration with the Product team.
- Have a high degree of autonomy and influence on the culture and direction of the technical organization.
- Improve engineering standards and processes.
- Mentor junior engineers.
We’d love to talk if you:
- Care deeply about your software development craft and writing high quality code.
- Have experience in designing, building and maintaining APIs.
- At least 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Have a high degree of proficiency in Ruby.
- Thrive in highly collaborative engineering teams.
- Emphasize transparent and positive communication.