Who We Are:
CareAcademy provides high-quality, state-approved training for home care agencies, home health agencies, franchise systems, and payors that increases learner knowledge for better health outcomes. Nearly 300,000 learners have completed more than 1.5 million hours of training with CareAcademy. With easy-to-use, web-based courses and a robust administrator platform, CareAcademy offers education and compliance solutions for home care and home health organizations of all sizes, from small agencies to multi-state enterprises. Founded in 2016, CareAcademy recently announced a $20M strategic funding round, led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
Who We're Looking For:
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling Ruby on Rails products and is excited by the challenges that come from scaling to hundreds of thousands of users.
As a senior software engineer, you’ll be working closely with designers, product managers, and a strong engineering team in order to plan and design the rollout of new features and improvement of existing features. Our current stack is Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq/Redis, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, and Heroku.
What You'll Do:
- Work in an agile environment, address user stories and bugs
- Write automated tests
- Partner with Product on scoping, designing, and sizing the different initiatives
- Divide user stories into smaller code tasks and PR’s
- Understand the different factors in decision making for long/short term solutions
- Pair code with other team members
- Write solid documentation
- Occasionally serve as a mentor for newer team members
- Attention to detail and has a passion for product
- Communicates effectively with other team members
- Experience with scaling Ruby on Rails
- Excited about reliability and scalability
- Comfortable working with existing software and making it better
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-first company