About The Role
As a Senior Backend Engineer at DevelopMetrics, you will be responsible for designing and implementing server-side solutions for DevelopMetrics. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end. Ultimately, you'll be the driving force behind all back-end activities. You will be responsible for the following:
Working with a product manager to conduct an analysis of application and platform requirements.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining databases to store and retrieve data
- Writing code in one or more computer languages such as Ruby and Node.Js
- Developing back-end portals with an optimized database.
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- Responding to integration requests from front-end developers.
- Finalizing back-end features and testing web applications.
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs.
- Connecting applications with additional web servers.
- Maintaining APIs.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers on API design.
- Monitoring server performance, capacity, and security issues to ensure optimal performance
- Working with front-end developers to ensure that the application is compatible with all supported platforms.
Have a solid understanding of Ruby on rails, Postgresql, RedisGraph, and Elasticsearch/OpenSearch.
- Experience with writing documentation for API.
- Strong understanding of unit/integration testing.
Previous proven experience creating scalable applications.
- Proficient with code versioning tools: Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Fluency in English.