Scholarly is building next-generation software for higher education with a focus on faculty. Higher ed is currently undergoing a generational shift in software and technology adoption, and our vision is to build the future system of record for the industry. We are building a software platform that enables our customers to make data-driven decisions and to automate essential processes like performance reviews, which will ultimately enable them to better serve both students and faculty. We are a team of experienced, motivated, and collaborative founders, and we are backed by leading investors in the industry.
We are hiring a founding engineer for the team. This is a unique opportunity to have a major impact on the company’s success and the team culture. This engineer will work closely with the CEO and CTO to build the initial version of the product, work closely with customers, and help set the culture of the company. We expect you to be able to define and challenge product requirements, seek customer feedback, and stick with projects until customers are satisfied or we’ve removed the feature. We are looking for a true partner who loves the challenge of building great software from the ground up.
We are based in Seattle and Denver, but willing to hire remote within the US for the right candidates.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with a relational database, such as MySQL or Postgres
- Able to work in the United States (citizen or permanent resident). We cannot sponsor visas at this time.
Compensation and Benefits
- The salary range for this role is $140k - $200k, depending on location and experience
- Substantial equity in the company
- Health, vision, and dental benefits with 100% of premiums covered by the company
- $3,000 equipment budget