Are you interested in sustainability and looking for a job with a mission? Do you want to leverage your expertise to contribute to the world's pressing challenges? inoqo provides climate labeling and sustainability engagement solutions for retailers and F&B brands. And guess what - we need a lot of great minds to support us in tackling one of the biggest challenges of our times.
As a Full-Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails) you will play a key role in shaping and enhancing our platform, collaborating closely with our Head of Platform, Thomas, and the rest of the team! Join us on either a part-time or full-time basis (30-38.5 hours) at our HQ in Vienna or remotely. Due to legal requirements, you should have your residence in either Austria, Germany, Italy, or Sweden, or be registered as a freelancer to issue invoices.
What's in it for you:
- Location flexibility - decide between our office, home office, or remote 📍
- Time flexibility - autonomy over working hours ⏰
- Legacy in creating a more sustainable world (solving one of the biggest challenges of our time) 🪴
- Focus Fridays 💻
- Menstrual leave 🤲🏼
- After work get-togethers, office cooking, holiday swap, endless coffee supply 🥳
- Tons of learning on sustainability, entrepreneurship, productivity, etc. (think of hockey stick curve)💡
- Principle of Freedom and Ownership 💪🏼
- Salary - €60-80k with potential shares (PSOP/VSOP) 💰
In this role, you will:
- You will take part and possess a strong voice in planning, designing, and implementing features in building our SaaS-Platform that provides climate product assessment
- Engage in end-to-end development, covering backend, database connections, user role login, and front-end rendering.
- Collaborate closely with our CPTO and other Engineers to consistently deliver well-tested, maintainable, and performant code.
- Develop and align attributes and fields for optimal data integration through APIs.
- Implement and uphold Test-Driven Development (TDD) principles and ensure code quality.
- Research and implement prototypes and spikes as necessary to validate assumptions and technical feasibility.
You're a fit because:
- You have at least 4 years of proven experience in Ruby on Rails development
- You have a firm understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL and data modeling
- You have experience with testing frameworks (Rspec)
- You are familiar with Sidekiq, Elastic Beanstalk on AWS, Postgres, Docker, Github, Sentry.
- You have knowledge of Infrastructure as Code concepts.
- As a big plus, you have experience with Python.
- You worked with SaaS development and/or web application ideally in startups (MVP product stage)
- You are fluent in spoken and written English, German is a plus but not a must.
Ready to join our mission? Awesome!
Please send us your CV and a few sentences about why you think we would be a good match through the application button. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity and strongly believe it contributes to a broader collective perspective that can consistently lead to a better company, better products, and better services. We seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from the broadest talent pool possible. Qualified individuals from all types of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.