Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mstrassberg
Lead Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails - Men's Health Telemedicine Startup
(about 50/50 front/backend)Location: you can either work in Los Angeles, CA or Remote in the US
The company's product is a telemedicine platform for men's health. The company seeks candidates who would be passionate about helping men to achieve optimum health.
The company is backed by several top VCs as well as several founders of leading tech companies. Revenues are rapidly increasing.
The company's team is about 50 people with 12 engineers. Most of the engineers are offshore, but this person must be in the US. In this position, the first 6 months or so would be 100% coding, then the company would like this person to spend about 40% of their time on technical project management for the offshore engineers.Job Responsibilities:
- Writing and shipping high quality code with Ruby on Rails and React. It will be about 50/50 backend / front end.
- Contributing to a continuously improving engineering organization.
- Contributing actively to product development to ensure the company delivers a great experience to its customers.
- After about 6 months of 100% coding, the company would like to spend about 40% of your time doing technical project management of offshore engineers.Qualifications:
- Excitement about the mission of helping men to achieve optimum health.
- Personal interest in health optimization, virtue, and general self-improvement.
- Startup mindset rather than 9-5 mindset, with high sense of ownership.
- At least 6 years of professional experience.
- Strong in Ruby on Rails.
- Strong in React.
- Interest in pair programming.
- Solid skills in unit testing and integration testing.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills, both with technical and non-technical teammates.Nice to Have:
- Experience with consumer web and ecommerce products.
- Familiarity with queue / background processing and 3rd party integrations.
- TDD experience.
- Startup experience.