PayNearMe develops award-winning technology to facilitate the end-to-end customer payment experience, making it easy for businesses to manage and accept payments. The company enables more ways to pay by offering all major payment types and channels in a single platform. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
We are a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe has over 200 employees, closed a $45M Series D round in June 2023, and is processing over $1B in payments monthly. We’re headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed all across the US. Help us reimagine payments!
We’re looking for a Principal Performance Engineer to join a small but dynamic performance team, reporting to the CTO.
This position blends the analytical skills of a data analyst, the instincts of a high-performance coder, the imagination to come up with highly-performant designs, and the drive to push your projects to completion. We love people who used to be “the guy (or gal)” at their previous companies, but are now wanting to be part of a talented team.
What you'll be reponsible for:
- The ability to analyze the performance characteristics of a complex system
- Expertise with databases (MySQL), caching (Redis), and pub/sub
- The ability to design and implement efficient solutions to enhance performance
- Comfortable working with cloud-native infrastructure (we use AWS), kubernetes, terraform
- Capable of working independently, but closely, with a few others
- If you have great leadership skills, this position could lead to a management position
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails
- Experience as a performance engineer, data analyst, or SRE
- Experience building dashboards and monitoring solutions for system components
- Experience architecting solutions to challenging performance problems
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Tech-lead or manager experience
- Experience building performant micro-services would be a plus
Location: Flexible/Remote (within the US)
Salary Range: $180,000 - 220,000 DOE
Great compensation package plus extensive benefits, including:
- Base salary per year (paid semi-monthly)
- Fast- paced and professional work culture
- Stock options with standard startup vesting - 1 year cliff; 4 years total
- $50 monthly communication expense stipend to go towards your phone/internet bill
- $250 stipend to enhance your WFH setup
- Reimbursement for peripheral equipment: monitor (up to $400), keyboard and mouse (up to $200)
- Premium medical benefits including vision and dental (100% coverage for employees)
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Paid sick leave, jury duty, bereavement
- 401k plan
- Flexible Time Off (our team members typically take off ~3-4 weeks per year)
- Volunteer Time Off
- 13 scheduled holidays
- 2x / year in-person team meet-ups (2-3 days, company paid)
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values
represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.