We are TradeLink. Changemakers for the world’s backbone of global trade – B2B supply chains.
TradeLink is our answer to our initial question of what the most exciting company in the world would look like. We are building the collaboration layer for one of the largest, most fragmented, and physically complex industries in the world, and we are reinventing what B2B software looks like along the way together with people who simply love what they do. In the past months, we ignited the network and grew x-fold on all exciting metrics (people, usage, partners) and recently closed our €12m Series A led by Insight Partners and our existing investors Point Nine and Fly Ventures. Join our crazy ambitious team to tackle the core problems of a trillion-dollar industry and work alongside the most humble, talented, and passionate.
As a Principal Engineer (all genders), you will play a pivotal role in driving technical excellence, building scalable systems, and leading the development of new products and services. You will collaborate across engineering teams, provide technical expertise, and work closely with our product department. As a tech stack, we use Ruby, React, TypeScript and PostgreSQL.
- Design, build, and maintain highly scalable and available systems that meet business and customer needs
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company's technical landscape, architecture, and infrastructure, and provide strategic guidance to inform technical decisions
- Take on ownership over technical domain, manage its backlog prioritized by business impact and working on cross-team topics ahead of actual implementation start
- Work collaboratively and communicate regularly with the product, design, engineering teams to understand requirements and deliver high-end technical solutions
- Stay current with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices, and bring new ideas and innovations to the team
- Monitor and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of systems, and troubleshoot technical issues when necessary
- Provide technical guidance and code reviews to ensure quality and consistency across the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Ability to guide strategic architecture-related discussions, brings practical solutions to the table in a form of proposed technologies, patterns, algorithms
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and building highly scalable products
- Strong proficiency in dynamically-typed programming languages, preferably Ruby
- Strong proficiency in Web Development, preferably using React and TypeScript
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL), including schema design, performance optimization and scaling
- Experience in organizing continuous delivery process, working in continuous integration environment
- Basic in-cloud DevOpsskills, UNIX server management or similar
- Present our technical team on various events we actively participate as a company
- Some management or project leadership experience might play a good role!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of an exceptionally fast-growing product-led venture that's up to something big. We are building a new type of company, a SaaS-enabled B2B network
- A job and a team full of passion. Working alongside enthusiastic people motivates us and gives us gratitude
- You will have lots of autonomy, flexible working hours, and a remote-first setup (optional offices in Munich and Berlin), which connects our team members across Europe
- An extremely steep learning curve - we support your continuous development through individual learning opportunities, a diverse and international team of experts as well as experienced founders
- With regular team events, we encourage our teams to connect within and outside of work for a great spirit
- A phenomenal company culture, both remote and in our optional offices
If you aren't completely confident that you meet our criteria, we recommend just taking the chance and applying anyway! Curiosity, passion for digital disruption, eagerness to learn, a collaborative spirit, and a growth mindset are most important to us.
TradeLink strongly believes in the power of diversity and is highly committed to providing a respectful, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us. In order to eliminate unconscious biases in the recruiting process, you can remove the photo from your application.