Who are we?
Hammerstone.dev is a software startup that builds developer components. Right now our flagship product is a visual query builder. This is a drop in piece of software that the customer can use to filter and query records. The goal is to make the product a joy to use with a customizable developer interface.
Why work here?
This is the opportunity to see firsthand what it’s like to build a software startup. We’re a small, fast moving team and we prioritize healthy work habits. You’ll have the opportunity to do many things - from pushing production code to working with customers.
We're looking for a mid-level Rails developer at the individual contributor level to help with the integration of our product with a client. This will be a contract (1099) position and you must be US time-zoned based with a minimum of 20hours/week available.
This will include:
- Support the client in implementing and using the query builder
- Based on client feedback, maintain and update documentation written in markdown
- Contribute to the code base both for bug fixes and feature updates (Rails/Stimulus)
- Build out system level tests
We're in the process of moving to a completely different architecture for the product. This is a big job, and will be the crux of this contract. It should be a lot of fun - we're updating the API to be more developer friendly and simplify the implementation details.
- Respond to client Slack messages in a timely fashion
- Good communicator - can describe and write up technical issues and interface with the customer
- Pair at least 3 hours/week on technical issues. This will usually be doing a joint code review of PR’s you’ve submitted or discussing new feature implementation ideas.
- Minimum 20 hours week (preferably 30+)
- Must be US Timezone based
- Rails developer with 3+ years experience
- Stimulus/Turbo and Hotwire experience
- Working on a large team that uses Git extensively
- Comfortable writing up technical issues with supporting details
Additional Desired Experience:
- Basic understanding of SQL
Please fill out this form to apply!