Quipu is a Barcelona based tech company that was founded 11 years ago and recently acquired by the French Group Sellsy. With a proven product-market fit, we constantly build and improve our SaaS, a business information tool for SMBs aimed to simplify tedious administrative, accounting and financial processes.
Our goal is for small businesses and freelancers to have all their information up to date, in the same place and spending less time than ever on daily routine procedures. Our target is both final users and modern bookkeepers, which use our platform to digitalise their processes and improve their relationship with their customers.
We are in a fast-pace changing and fresh environment where every team member can grow both personally and professionally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to work in our development team with solid experience in backend development and Ruby on Rails framework. The position will take responsibility for improving and maintaining our current SaaS, as well as adding exciting features to our product. We aim for someone experienced but also hungry to learn, humble and someone who has strong collaboration skills to help us get the most of everything we do.
WHAT WE NEED
- Proven, dilated experience as a backend developer with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, REST APIs and other backend relevant technologies
- Being able to tackle problems on your own, giving optimal solutions within adequate timings
- Full development agile cycle: estimation & refinement, tech analysis and collaboration with the other teams within the company, in order to deliver features and improvements
- High standards on quality, clean code, testing and other best practices
- A team player always open to listen and help others.
- Be part of a multidisciplinar team and a very competitive tech and product department
- Closely collaborate with the product owner and the development team and also be in touch with other teams: sales, marketing, success…
- Contribute with your knowledge and experience to discuss technical approaches and solutions to problems
- Code in Ruby on Rails to carry on the needed BE tasks
- Take ownership of your work and deliver the tasks you have been assigned.
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Elastic Search, Sidekiq, Redis, MySQL, REST, Tensorflow
- Frontend: JS (ES6+), React, React Native
- Infrastructure: AWS, Nginx, Capistrano, Ansible, Terraform
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary according to profile and experience: 45K-55K/year gross
- We are based in Poblenou district, a tech hub in the beautiful and sunny Barcelona
- An excellent working atmosphere with a young, talented and fresh team
- Great office with our own café, if you want to come by regularly or from time to time
- Table tennis, foosball and afterworks
- Amazing team building activities twice a year
- Remote work and flexible schedule
- Health insurance: benefit from the company police with ALAN for the employees that require it.
- Transport: you can select your subsidized transport option from our perks
- Gym membership: all Quipu employees have access to our company subsidized fitness plan that allows you to train in over 2.000 gyms, yoga studios, etc.
- Ticket restaurant: you can choose to subsidize some food and beverage from a broad network of restaurants -> Cobee
- Weekly breakfast: share breakfast with the whole team every Tuesday
- Fresh fruit and coffee available in our office for free
- Learning: we also have an events space where we host daily events, conferences and workshops onsite