We are the leading BNPL fintech in Spain. Our mission is to humanize financial services by allowing people to buy the things they love, paying in a flexible way.
We are in a time of strong growth, we're present in markets like Portugal, France, and Italy and we're expanding into new markets in LATAM in the near future.
Our growth and financing model directly impacts our culture and approach to business. We have a long-term vision and operate with freedom, we are a company independent of venturing capital, and we are owners of our destiny.
About the role 🤓
We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Backend Engineer who is able to see the big picture and balance the seek for software quality with a pragmatic approach to help us scale the company. If you're a proactive, creative, and hands-on person who wants to help improve Sequra's product having ownership and exposure to work hand in hand with seasoned professionals in a collaborative environment, this is the perfect place for you. We have different projects to carry out our amazing product’s development, you’ll have the possibility to join us to help us grow by contributing to technical and architectural decisions and even creating new teams.
What we offer 😎
We have a strong and sustainable foundation, where we provide a secure and reliable workplace. You have the freedom and trust to make the best contribution possible.
One of our most valued strengths by our employees is our fellowship and supportive culture, which fosters a sense of belonging by working closely with our values. With us, you will have challenging projects to work on and push your skills and knowledge.
In addition, we are very proud of the unique office we have, which offers a comfortable and inspiring environment to work in with everything you need.
- 23 vacation days + 2 days of free disposal per year.
- Professional development with English and Spanish classes, and 13 other different languages to learn with Busuu.
- Flexible compensation plan for transportation, restaurants, and kindergarten with Cobee.
- Health insurance discounts with Sanitas and DKV.
- Work visa and re-location to Barcelona.
- Remote work.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience working as a Backend Engineer.
- Experience in the development, deployment, and maintenance of web-based technology applications with Ruby on Rails or the ability and interest in working with it.
- Solid knowledge of OOP, clean coding, TDD, and agile. Functional programming and DDD are a plus.
- English proficiency.