Circle Medical is a Y-Combinator healthcare technology startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, and physicians, our telemedicine software has pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our founding team has decades of experience with successful technology startup exits. We’ve used our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to scale from California to over fifteen states across the US.
We’re now entering the hyper growth phase, expanding nationwide from over fifteen states to all fifty states in the next six months. And this is only the beginning.
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team based out of one of our offices in Montreal, San Francisco, or New York. Remote positions are considered for the right candidate. We are also open to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship.
We are looking for passionate, mission-driven engineers who take pride in the products they build. As a backend engineer, you'll work alongside other engineers, product designers, operation experts and clinicians to build patient/physician-facing features in the core product. Our primary backend technologies are Ruby, Rails, and PostgreSQL. That being said, we believe in using the right tool for the job.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Implement, test, and maintain features in the backend systems spanning across multiple domains: scheduling, billing, clinical tools for physicians, telemedicine, and others.
- Design APIs used by the mobile app.
- Integrate third-party APIs.
- Write secure, HIPAA-compliant software.
- Contribute to the engineering culture and hiring.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 5 + years experience as a backend Engineer.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Experience shipping and maintaining a Web app in production.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby and Rails.
- Excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Rigorous unit testing and use of best practices.
- Ability to take ownership.
- WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE:
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, math, or similar field.
- Experience shipping and maintaining a large software system.
- Experience making product decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of computer security.