Position title: Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: Candidate must be located in Canada or the USA. Our office is located in Toronto, ON, Canada, but the role is remote/hybrid/flexible.
Reports to: VP of Engineering, Nutrition
About the Position:
We are a fast-growing PLG tech company looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to manage the growing complexity of our infrastructure and systems as we scale our nutrition planning platform (That Clean Life). As one of our initial Senior Developers, you will be responsible for bringing your sharp and in-depth technical expertise to the table while expanding your learnings through development opportunities at Practice Better. You will work closely with our VP of Engineering, Nutrition and other Practice Better leaders to make informed decisions about our technology and execute on those decisions.
If you are a driven, results-oriented Senior Full Stack Developer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and is passionate about coding, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
How we work:
Practice Better operates remote-first, hybrid-optional. We ensure each member of our team is equipped with the necessary tools to perform effectively within the comfort of their own space. However flexibility is important! So if you need to stretch your legs or whiteboard with your team, you can use our beautiful, private downtown Toronto office.
Practice Better is a leading all-in-one practice management software solution transforming how health & wellness professionals run their practices and support their clients. The company serves 10,000+ customers in over 70+ countries across the globe, and processes hundreds of millions annually in payments on behalf of customers. Over 65% of growth in our customer base comes from word of mouth and referrals, which is a testament to our strong brand and community. Practice Better has recorded a 300% compound annual growth rate in revenue since launch, and we are well-positioned for continuous growth in the years to come.
We're counting on you to:
- Develop software solutions based on direction from management; investigate problem areas; and feedback from customers.
- Build new user-facing features with everything from database models to APIs and UI components.
- Document code and procedures for new and existing features.
- Help our customer support team with technical-related requests, reproducing bugs, and resolving issues for customers.
- Improve performance and optimize our stack by applying better patterns and protocols.
- Add analytics, monitoring, and alerts to our service so that we can better respond to operational incidents.
- Help redefine our stack and processes so that we can continue to build towards a HIPAA-compliant opinionated product.
- Work collaboratively with other organizational units such as Product Management and Design to achieve company goals.
Who you are:
- 10-12+ years experience in full-stack software development.
- A generalist who’s excited to pick up new challenges.
- An experienced developer who can identify a problem and independently solve it.
- You consider yourself a craftsperson who cares about quality and writes tests to describe and validate your work.
- You thrive working in customer-focused environments.
- You are a strong writer and communicator.
- Open to constructive conversations and can navigate challenging feedback.
- You resonate with “clear is better than clever".
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole engineer.
- Openness to mentor, present, and share knowledge.
- Ability to execute in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the Health & Wellness industry is an asset.
Our Tech Stack:
- Backbone ✕ Marionette frontend
- Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis in the backend
- CoffeeScript, RSpec, AWS
- Hosted on Heroku (PaaS)
- GitHub, Slack, Trello
1 month you will: Become substantially familiar with the capabilities of our product, components of our software and infrastructure, provided input on technology and product decisions, have setup your dev environment, and ship code to production.
3 months you will: Provide feedback and provide insights on pull requests. Dig into technical-related issues that come up from time-to-time via customer support and work with our customer success teams to resolve issues. Feel comfortable shipping material updates to our codebase which could include bug fixes, enhancements, engineering chores, and more.
6 months you will: Ship fully-fledged features to production independently, monitor exceptions, communicate updates with our customer success team, and bask in the glory of thousands of customers using the updates you’ve shipped!
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Vacation: We believe you can be highly productive and still have plenty of time for life outside of work.
Generous health benefits plan: Coverage starts from Day 1 and includes vision & dental.
Choose your device: Are you team windows or apple? You shouldn’t have to compromise, especially if you work more efficiently on a specific operating system. When you join us, you get to pick!
Home Office Allowance: $500/year to ensure your home office is set up for optimal comfort and productivity.
Health & Wellness Allowance: $750/year to support your health & wellness related goals and hobbies.
Learning & Development Allowance: $1000/year to explore a new skill, attend a conference, read some new books, etc.
Fully Remote: Work from the comfort of your own home with the choice to access our downtown Toronto office for a change of scenery.
Events & Free Lunches: We prioritize weekly team bonding and monthly company-wide social events with a lunch stipend. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture where everyone feels engaged, inspired, and excited to come to work every day.
Practice Better is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Practice Better is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.