We're looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our growing team.
You'll be working directly with our CEO & this is a great opportunity for someone striving to lead an engineering team locally in Calgary or Canada.
Rankbreeze helps 9,000+ property managers achieve higher revenues & bookings with our software platform & hands-on services.
We help our users maximize their vacation property's rankings, prices & market data.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, eager, & organized team member to join & help our users make significantly better data-driven decisions in their daily lives.
If you thrive in a dynamic & mission-driven environment, then this is the role for you!
Why Work With Us?
- Interact with 2.3M properties to deliver revenue data, rankings, & more
- Create the next great version of our platform & make a sizeable impact on users & the company
- Build innovative features from architecture to production
What You’ll Be Working On
- Hands-on development in our Ruby on Rails application
- Improving data pipeline quality & reliability
- Web scraping optimization
- Code reviews & team guidance
- Product strategy brainstorming
- Improving development processes for the dev & data teams to work efficiently and effectively
- Directing daily stand-ups to promote internal dev team communication, update statuses on project health & unblock team members
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess data quality & deliverability
- Helping a team of Developers & Data Scientists in multiple regions work together
- Continuously cultivate an environment for the dev team that includes: support for complex or difficult programming tasks, direction for sprint goals, understanding business initiatives and creating road maps on how to learn more skills and technical and/or business knowledge
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications
- 4+ years of experience managing a data pipeline and OLAP database
- Experience scaling high-load applications
- Experience with Ruby, Rails and RSpec
- Experience with React
- Experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL schema design and query optimization (we use Postgres)
- Upper-intermediate English with great communication skills
As a Plus
- Experience in developing Chrome Extensions
- Experience with StimulusJS
If this sounds right for you, please apply & we look forward to meeting you!