ℹ️ About Us
Family offices, managing $2.5 trillion in US assets, aren't just about numbers—they're custodians of iconic family legacies. With the challenges that come with managing diversified assets and legal obligations, providing transparent financial reports becomes difficult.
That's where SumIt comes in. We are a dynamic team dedicated to developing a tailored platform specifically designed for family offices, starting with accounting and financial reporting. Our mission is to provide clear, reliable financial oversight for family offices by replacing cumbersome spreadsheets and manual tasks with an intuitive platform that automates financial consolidation. This allows family offices to focus on amplifying wealth and building upon their valuable legacies.
Are you someone who is passionate about using technology to revolutionize financial management? Join our team and contribute to building the industry's modern solution for family offices!
We've got an office in Brooklyn, NY, right in Dumbo, where the founders come in around three times a week. New York based folks are welcome to use this space, but it's not required. For remote folks, we make sure to get the whole team together at least once every three months.
📋 Job Summary
We're looking for an engineer skilled in full-stack development to join our team as a senior product engineer. As an early member of the engineering team, you will join a fast-moving team that will define the technology, product, but more importantly, the culture of the company for years to come.
👤 Who you are
- A tinkerer with strong technical skills (preferably 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working with Ruby on Rails in production)
- Someone who thrives in a startup environment and can help define and implement engineering best practices for all future engineers at our company
- A builder who can make trade offs between building it right and building it fast (but always writes clean and maintainable code!)
- Someone who is humble, seeks feedback and celebrates their teams accomplishments
- A problem solver with a constant desire to dive deep and fully understand the problem we are trying to solve
🛠️ What you’ll do
- Use engineering best practices to build an awesome product to empower our users
- Build excellent engineering culture focusing on transparency and authenticity
- Refine the technical architecture for a product that is seeing fast adoption
- Make technical decisions that significantly impact the future of the company
- Scope features and refine product requirements
🎁 What’s in it for you
- Be an early member of the engineering team - this is an opportunity to be a part of an early stage company and have the option to wear many hats
- True ownership - you’ll have the autonomy and responsibility of making decisions with real impact
- Real stakes - your work will directly contribute to the success of the company and you stand to reap the benefits of considerable upside
- Leadership opportunities - whether it’s being an individual contributor or a manager, you will grow into an engineering leader and help define the engineering culture and technical direction
- Competitive compensation
- Salary range $130k - $180k
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Unlimited PTO (that you’re encouraged to take)
- A significant stake in the company that you would only get as an early employee
🗓️ Interview Process
- 15 minute intro call with the CTO
- 60 minute technical interview, involving a quick coding exercise and a design problem
- Take home exam
- You will get access to a Github repository that contains a pre-configured Rails app. We’ll provide a set of requirements to add a new feature that shouldn’t take more than 1-2 hours. Treat this as a day in the life - we want to see how you approach breaking down problems and your working style.
- Once completed, you will open a PR and we will schedule a 45 minute call to go over your solution.
- 30 min meeting with the CEO