Here at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate online workspace culture. We're committed to mutual growth because we believe everyone has a role to play, no matter how big or small. Every individual who enters our community is a vital piece to the continued growth of our company.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization with a fantastic culture. The Urban Writers is looking for a person to join our agile development team as a senior member.
We are an online marketplace for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are giving them the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a solid community of creatives and a passionate, engaged and ever growing customer base.
You will be responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Software Architecture
- Experience designing and building software from the ground up
- Experience working on SaaS platforms
- Great communication skills
- Ability to mentor and coach
Nice to Have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails and/or Python, AWS, iOS/Android/Flutter, React
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning
Why work with us?
- great culture
- remote work environment
- opportunity for advancement
- education incentives
- The Urban Writers is an equal opportunity employer