At Vantage, we're passionate about building a cloud cost transparency platform that helps enable everyone – from developers to enterprises – analyze, report, collaborate on and optimize their cloud infrastructure costs. Both our CEO (who is a repeat founder) and CTO are passionate about cloud infrastructure. Having worked together at DigitalOcean, they are taking their combined knowledge to build and scale the Vantage platform. Together we are a small but hard working team of ~10 employees based out of New York City (but embrace the remote-friendly lifestyle).
Our current customers include Square, NASA, Buzzfeed,
PBS, Planetscale, and Panther.
Vantage is also backed by outstanding top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz
, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others.
About The Role
Do you want to develop new features and help drive technical architecture? Come build with us! We have an exponentially growing customer base and need your expertise to accelerate the delivery of our product roadmap. You will be one of a handful of engineers working cross-functionally to solve problems at scale!
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails (6.x)
- Serverless Typescript
- Large scale Postgres
- Redshift for warehousing billions of records
- All of the usual AWS services
The Day to Day
- Drive technical architecture decisions to set the groundwork as Vantage scales into the future
- Work directly with our founding team and collaborate on new feature discovery, ideation and delivery
- Own end-to-end feature development - including measuring and reporting on customer impact
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code
- Partner on design and product on customer calls to understand user needs
- Establish and help us meet backend system service level agreements to protect us through future growth
- Experiment with machine learning models & APIs as we begin to deliver data products to our customers
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of software design experience with architectures that have scaled from the simple to the sophisticated
- Knowing the Ruby ecosystem is great, but if you’re an outstanding software engineer with proven fundamentals, we can teach the rest
- Someone who has led impactful engineering projects at non-trivial scale
- A product-oriented engineer with a passion for delighting customers
- Someone excited to make progress and hold a high degree of responsibility
- A strong self starter who just wants to get things done and knows in a startup environment there is lots to do
- Experience building and deploying to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Monitoring and observability expertise
- Relevant data engineering experience